Esko brings innovation and added value to customers with Software 20.1 update and hardware releases
Esko has today (29 October) unveiled a host of new and award-winning innovations for its integrated Esko Software 20.1 platform, together with new hardware solutions, developed to deliver even more functionality as well as outstanding value to packaging, label and wide format customers.
“As a technology company, we are relentlessly developing solutions to serve our markets and customers better,” said Jan de Roeck, Esko Director of Marketing, Industry Relations & Strategy. “We build long-term relationships with our customers and strive to ensure our solutions remain relevant and innovative, enabling anyone using them in the packaging value chain to benefit from operational efficiency improvements.”
Speaking at a launch event streamed live from the Esko Innovation Hub – the always-on virtual environment that gives users the opportunity to explore the portfolio of latest Esko innovations – Jan navigated to innovation hotspots where he detailed the newest functions and features in the Esko Software 20.1 release, as well as the latest hardware developments from the company.
Updates and new features in Esko Software 20.1 include:
- WebCenter 20.0 – the latest feature-packed version of the web-based packaging management solution, now incorporates an improved user experience and WebCenter Tasks Plugin. Digital transformation can only be successful if the solution is fully adapted to the user’s requirements, and with the addition of a social-media style dashboard and new connectors for Adobe Creative Suite applications, WebCenter does just that.
- ArtiosCAD 20.0.1 – the leading packaging structural design tool simplifies designing of multi-part and multi-material packages using Resizable Canvas Design templates
- ArtPro+ 20.1 Plate Cut – a new automated feature that finds the optimal individual cutting path for each separation, reducing preparation time for flexo plate mounting by up to 30 minutes
- ArtPro+ 20.1 Trapping – a new, InterTech Award-winning aesthetic trapping algorithm which closes misregister gaps and accommodates individual exceptions, making trapping jobs up to 70 per cent faster
- Print Control Wizard for Corrugated – a version of the award-winning software specifically designed for the corrugated market, delivering quicker plate production, improved graphic performance and reduced costs
Alongside updating Esko Software 20, Esko revealed hardware innovations including:
- AVT AutoSet – an integration between Esko Automation Engine and AVT’s press inspection system, reducing setup time of the inspection system to almost zero
- Kongsberg VariAngle tool - an innovative new tool for the Kongsberg range of digital finishing equipment that enables cutting at any angle from 0o and 60o at high speed, delivering total freedom in the design of 3D creative displays
- Crystal XPS 4260 – the newest member of the family of Crystal UV LED exposure units for digital flexo plate making, available for the first time in this plate size
“Digitizing the process by which packaging is made is already key to delivering long-term business success,” said Jan. “But as we now move into whatever ‘new normal’ emerges from the global coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, the importance of improving operational processes, lowering costs and delivering client loyalty are more vital than ever.
“In the wake of the pandemic, we wanted to double down on enabling businesses to continue their journey of digital transformation to meet head-on the challenges we face today. With the November release, we are delivering a greater range of functions that streamline processes and improve productivity for customers.”
“Our innovations serve to illustrate our commitment to customers, ensuring they enjoy a greater user experience and improved efficiency,” said Jan. “For example, ArtPro+ 20.1 now features the innovative Esko trapper, which recently received the InterTechTM Award for Innovation. It ensures prepress operators achieve a consistent, aesthetic trapping result with the correct distance, direction or color. Similarly, with the latest version of our packaging management solution, WebCenter 20.0, we are making prepress processes considerably faster while delivering a 25 per cent increase in performance.
“As we continue to navigate the fallout from the global pandemic, the ability to digitize, automate and connect will be crucial to businesses,” said Jan. “The latest software updates not only deliver greater accuracy, efficiency and consistency across a design and print workflow, but are integral tools for converters taking the next steps along their own digital transformation journey.”
For more information about Esko software solutions, please visit the Esko Innovation Hub at innovation.esko.com.